I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Been Hanging Around Too Long!



Maybe it"ll surprise you -- but maybe not -- that when 2014 ended, I still had close to 250 items that I had not listed.  This included the gaylord of odds and ends of electronics I bought at auction WAY back in May 2014 at the GW outlet and posted about here.  Then in October 2014, I went on a major sourcing spree, stockpiling all kinds of items from the GW outlet.  I ended up with almost 80 pairs of shoes, 20 hats, and a bunch of clothing items.


These hung around the garage for awhile; and then a few months into 2015, I brought the shoes and hats into the house thinking this would motivate me to list them.  Nope, not one bit. Occasionally, they got moved from the closet to the bathroom and back to the bedroom.  Matter of fact, I stopped “seeing” them.  You know how it is: you see something so often that you stop noticing it.

Then, 2016 arrived and I finally got tired of looking at these bags and bins.  It was time to get rid of sell them!  So I’ve been listing like crazy.  All the hats are done and I’m about halfway done with the shoes.  I’ve already made a few sales on these.  Next on the agenda is to tackle that pile of clothing. As for all those electronics, well, they're still in the garage!

The good thing is I have plenty of stock to get my eBay store going again.  And, I’m trying not to buy any more product until I’ve listed most of what I already have.  But you know how it is:  I can’t seem to stay away from the GW outlets!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised, cuz sistah, I'm right there with you! I have every excuse in the book not to list. But I know once I do, the sales will come. Soo what the heck is wrong with me. I have medical insurance and I'm so close to calling a psychologist to see what the heck is at the root of the problem.

    I agree about the GW outlet. They are irresistible. I'm glad the one we have here is not easy to get to. I haven't gotten clothing or shoes from the bins yet. But I have fun getting the odd little things people overlook - Mikasa mugs, vintage green Mason jars, Betty Crocker vintage cookbook, etc.

    Good for you on the listings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just more fun to shop than to list! That's not crazy at all LOL. I finally got all those shoes listed but it was such a chore and a bore. I haven't really been heavy into buying clothes at the outlet - the shoes were just a quirk at the time. I did find a blogger who is making pretty good money selling clothes from the bins so maybe I'll look next time I go. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  2. LOL! You sound so much like me, we could be related!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most online sellers can relate. Maybe in some way we ARE all related! It's just so much more fun to shop than list.

      Delete
  3. Good for you! It's so much more fun to buy than list sometimes...I have to be so careful about that! Hope the new listings makes you some cash quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so far the new listings have definitely made a difference in my sales. It's very motivating. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  4. I always build these things up in my head. "Oh man, those are going to be so hard to list." And they never are. They are just as easy as anything else!

    Feels good to get through those though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it definitely does! I have finally finished listing all those pairs of shoes and am very happy to get it done. Now looking to see what else I can list. Thanks for the visit and comment!

    ReplyDelete