I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Do You BONANZA? I Do!

8169 (1)

Napa Valley Cassette Tape Holder Wood Rack 100 Slots Wall Mount – Paid $0.84 @ GW Outlet – Sold $62.06 – Net Margin 66%

I don’t remember how I first heard of Bonanza, but I’ve had a store there since April 2010.  It was easy to upload all my eBay listings and – best of all – it was free to list so I had nothing to lose. 

Not being happy with eBay’s Spring updates, I signed up with Bonanza hoping it would be a great alternative to eBay.  Unfortunately, it has not worked out that way.  In the past 4-1/2 years, I’ve had only 50 sales – averaging about 10-11 per year.  Definitely not enough to pay the bills; but every sale helps and fees are a lot less than eBay.

When I first started, listings from eBay wouldn’t upload correctly and each one had to be tweaked.  Plus, if an item sold on eBay, I had to manually remove it from Bonanza.  Not only was this very time consuming but it also created a few problems when the same item sold on both venues. 

Fortunately, Bonanza has solved this problem, and items sold on eBay are now automatically removed.  My listings are also automatically updated from my eBay account so there really isn’t much for me to do, except wait for an email telling me an item has sold.

I have the basic free account.  Pro-memberships are also available for a monthly fee, offering more benefits and hopefully more sales.  For now, Bonanza sits on my back-burner with the occasional monthly sale.

So far, I’ve had 11 sales this year, and I was so very happy when this Napa Valley cassette holder sold.  This is a great item to add to your BOLO list.  I don’t know that folks actually use them to store cassettes, but they make great organizers.

If you haven’t given Bonanza a try, check it out here.  What have you got to lose?  Happy sales to you!

5 comments:

  1. I have 35 items in my Bonanza booth. They get views, but no sales. I recently started experimenting by tweeting the listings and adding hashtags to the keywords The views spiked up for that day. It's a good way to get people to at least click on your items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! Hadn't thought about doing that but it's worth a try.

      Delete
  2. I will have to put that on my To Do list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - you've got nothing to lose! Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  3. I have heard that a lot of crafters use them to hold ink stamp pad and such.

    ReplyDelete