I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Good News to Share …

Fullscreen capture 6242014 113238 PM.bmp

I finally reached the 5000 feedback score and now have a GREEN star!  It’s just like getting those little foil gold stars on my homework when I was a child.  I loved getting those. 

And, when I reach the 10,000 feedback score, I’ll get a SHOOTING star … wow!  Of course, it’ll probably take me another 15 years to reach; but if every buyer left feedback, it may take only 12 years LOL.  Then, again, who knows what the future holds for me and eBay …


8097 (4)

CeCe Kent Ralph Taos Dog Carrier Black Leather – Paid $1 – Sold $110

It sold!  Yes, the designer leather pet carrier I bought at the GWO sold within a day of listing it.  I listed it at $200 with a Best Offer and by the next morning had an offer for $110, which I quickly accepted.  Lorraine at We Are CLAMCO thought I could get the full $200 and I should have gone with that, first listing it without the BO.  But no regrets – the buyer got a great deal and I got a quick $110 in my pocket.  Not a bad return on my $1 investment!

Now that’s cash for trash

16 comments:

  1. Do you do anything special to get the buyers to leave feedback?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. I do send a small slip of paper asking the buyer to contact me first if there is a problem before leaving negative FB. But with the new changes, I probably need to amend that a little. I read somewhere that some buyers think leaving FB is an inconvenience and annoyance and don't want to bother. Would be nice if eBay gave discounts for reaching these goals, but I don't think there's much of a difference between a 2000 or 5000 score.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! Gotta love fast cash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! These fast flips are very motivating!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your 5000 and your great sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely the coolest looking dog carrier I have ever seen! Glad it sold quickly and $110 is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats on your green star! 5000 feedbacks is quite an accomplishment! I get maybe 1 feedback for every 10 items I sell, otherwise I'd probably have a much higher rating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about right. But I think no feedback is better than negative feedback so I don't push it. I think eBay sends a reminder about FB after 30 days or so. I don't think there's much of an advantage to getting a high FB score. Just means you've been doing this for awhile and should know better!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! 5000 feedback is a big accomplishment. That'a a great return of investment in carrier and such a quick flip too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your star!! and the great flip:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's a huge milestone! And congrats on that pet carrier flip. That is definitely a BOLO!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new star! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're like eBay royalty now! Congrats on getting in to the green star hall of fame. That's a major achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the quick flip. Sometimes I figure I can get more for something, but there are times I want A) the quick nickel and B) to bless someone else. I mean, I got it cheap, why should they not? I love the feeling when *I* get a super deal on something, so it's good to spread the love. Greedy people are not happy people, right?

    ReplyDelete