I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Cash for Trash: March Sales

After December, March is usually a great month for sales.  Folks are getting back on track after the holiday expenses and tax refunds are coming in.  Sales, for me, have picked up, but still below the past two years.  Hope your sales are doing great!
Here are a few of my better sales for March:
6805 (1)

Nat Nast Luxury Originals 100% Silk Color Block Lounge Camp Resort Shirt Size XL – Paid $2 – Sold $45

I bought this shirt from the SA store way back in 2012, but I never got around to listing it until November of last year.  I thought it would sell right away, but it finally sold 4 months later – I guess, that’s not too bad.  Just glad to see it finally gone.  Sold to a buyer in Louisiana.  Net margin = 81%
6213 (1)

Five JARS Bowl France Tourron Tilleul Avocado Green Footed Cereal – Paid $7 – $91.05

These bowls have been hanging around for almost a year.  I found them at a regular GW store and paid $7 for the lot of 5.  I decided to list them individually for $15 plus shipping.  Well, the right buyer finally came by and bought all five bowls.  These went to someone in California, not too far from me.  They actually paid extra to make sure they were packaged securely.  I think the sale was worth the wait!  Net margin = 66%


Here are a few items I picked up at the GW Outlet this past month that have already sold:
7545 (2)

Arbonne Pampermint Foot Scrub 12 Oz. Sealed Plus Booties – Paid $0.85 – Sold $24.99

I have no idea why I picked this up, but it was originally in a pretty red box and it just jumped into my cart.  Thinking it was a cheap gift pack, I decided I would put it back.  Well, by the time I made my way to the cashier, I’d forgotten all about it.  Good thing!  Turns out this was a fancy foot scrub that turned into a nice sale.  Sold this to a buyer in Arizona.  Net margin = 62%
7685 (1)

GUITAR HERO Les Paul Gibson WIRELESS Guitar ONLY PS3 95121.805 – Paid $0.99 – $40.61

I would’ve never picked this up before seeing the YouTube video from the GillDaddy.  They said they pick them up so long as they don’t rattle.  I had no way to test it; but it didn’t rattle and at only $0.99, I decided to take a chance.  This went to a buyer in Idaho.  Net margin = 61%

7826 (1)

Birkenstock Footprints Lace Up Leather Oxfords EU 42 US 9 – Paid $2.50 – Sold $44.26

I am not a big shoe seller, mainly because I don’t find many at a price I’m willing to pay for resale.  I’m also not familiar enough with name brands to feel comfortable paying the GW and SA store prices, which seem high for resale.  But since I started going to the GW outlet, I have picked up a few pairs at great prices.  I was thrilled when this pair sold to a buyer in Virginia.  Net margin = 54%.
7595 (1)

Williams Sonoma Bread Maker Machine Pan Only WS1094 Used OEM – Paid $0.81 – Sold $30.99

7594 (1)

Williams Sonoma Bread Machine Paddle Blade WS-1094 Kneading Part WS1094 – Paid $0.81 – Sold $18.99

Here’s another item I picked up thanks to the GillDaddy’s videos.  The pan and paddle came together but I listed them separately.  It took quite a bit of research to figure out this was a Williams Sonoma brand but it was well worth the effort.  Total for both was $49.98 and sold to buyers in Ohio and Oregon.  Net margin = 62%
7687 (1)

Phoenix LTX Ultimate Tiger Lazer Tag 2 Player Orange Blue Gold Laser Guns – Paid $2.54 – Sold $67.52


These are not NERF guns but I picked them up anyway.  Turns out these laser tag guns sell for some good bucks.  The gold one had a problem which I disclosed in the listing, but the pair still sold for over $60.  In good condition, these can sell for about $100+.  These went to a buyer in Texas.  Net margin = 64%

I also sold two more costumes for a total of $85; paid $0.76 for each.  NERF guns and accessories were also good sellers, with 8 sales for a total $182. Paid about $11 for the bunch from the outlet.
Jeans are also back in the mix.  I had 36 sales of jeans, with two pairs selling for $50+.  Jeans comprised over one-third of my total sales, so I guess I’ll continue to sell jeans for the time being.



The items I’ve picked up at the GW outlet are not usually quick sellers, and many are still sitting in my store waiting for the right buyer.  But I love that I am able to pick up a good mix of items and you just never know what you’re going to find.  Of course, you can’t beat those prices!  It’s not for everyone, but I think shopping at the outlet is well worth the time and energy.
Now that’s cash for trash!

1 comment:

  1. As usual, Ms GWH, you rock! Nice sale on those laser tag guns! I'm so excited that you're selling Nerf guns too. I have a pile that's calling to me to get listed.

    ReplyDelete