I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thrift Treasures: Remington Hot Rollers

DSC03966

Went to my favorite GW store this morning.  This GW is about a 30-minute drive from my home so I don’t get to it often.  But it’s in a really nice community and always has some GREAT stuff so it’s worth the trip.

I was thrilled when I found this Remington Tight Curls Hot Setter for only $5.49. I knew about this great seller but had never run across  one before.  A brand new one with box and clips can go for about $90 to over $100.  This one has no box and no clips, but still fetch some pretty good $$.

Remington Tight Curls Hairsetter Completes


DSC03967DSC03968

I also found this vintage Clairesse wax curlers hairsetter at the SA.  It’s missing the mirror and clips but still in very nice condition.  I couldn’t find any info on it, but pageant moms like the vintage sets because they tend to retain their heat longer than the newer ones.

I paid a little more on this one than I would have liked.  I thought the price tag read $7.99; and with their 50%-off sale, I thought I paid $4.00.  Not until I got home did I realize the tag read $17.99 so I ended up paying $8.99.  I’m hoping I can get between $40-$50 for it.

Clairol Wax Core Hairsetter Completes


Hope you’re having a great week with great sales!  Be sure to come back for another Cash for Trash post tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have one of those Clairol ones I in my last bin of stuff to get listed. Im on a thrifting fast until the stuff I have been putting off gets listed. Down to one bin. You just inspired me to get those plugged in and tested. Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete