I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cash for Trash Wednesday

5099 (1)

JENNIFER LOPEZ J LO Romper ONE PIECE Jumper Outfit COTTON DENIM Jumpsuit Sz LG – PAID $1 @ SA – SOLD $29.99

5098 (1)

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG DVF VINTAGE Black Cotton Aviator Overall Jumpsuit Size 10 – PAID $4 @ GW – SOLD $36.98

Jumpsuits seem to be in fashion right now (but what do I really know).  I don’t run across these often; and when I do, I will usually bring it home.  I knew these name-brand jumpsuits would be good sellers.

5095 (1)

JONES WEAR JONES NY Women's Red and Black Paisley Jersey Wrap Dress Size 12 – PAID $5 @ GW – SOLD $31.99

I always look for wrap dresses when I’m thrifting; and will buy them even if they cost a little more.  BOLO tip: if you ever find a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress, be sure to grab it.  Those go for big bucks!

5076 (1)

CARDIGAN BAY Women's Seaside Cottage Lighthouse Hand Knitted Sweater Sz MED – PAID $5.39 @ GW – SOLD $29.99

These scenic sweaters are also good sellers.  I usually will grab the Storybook Knit brand, but this new-to-me Cardigan Bay brand didn’t do too bad.

4769 (1)

Sexy Buccaneer Wench Red Brocade Costume By Leg Avenue 83368 Size MED – PAID $2 @ GW – SOLD $22.99

This particular costume was really nice and I expected it to sell right away.  I originally listed it in August for $35 with FS.  A few weeks later, someone offered me $19 for it, which I declined.  Then, a week or so before October, I dropped the price to $25 because I realized it didn’t come with its petticoat and I didn’t want to get stuck with it.  I am really surprised it did not sell before Halloween.  I then put it in my store for $22.99 and it sold within a week.  Go figure …

I am disappointed I didn’t find many costumes at garage sales this year.  I think I may have found a total of 6; and I still have one listed in my store.  I like selling costumes because they have a nice profit margin.

4592 (1)

Porcelain Owls Mother & Baby 1991 San Francisco Music Box Co "Sunrise, Sunset" – PAID $1.79 – SOLD $28.69

Owls were hot collectibles a year or so ago, but I think their charm is fading.  I’ve had this music box in my store since June and was going to discount the price before renewing the listing.  I was sure glad when it finally sold last week.


Well, that’s it for now.  I’ve got several bags of merchandise from the past couple of weeks that I need to get listed and start making $$.  Hope you’re all having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment