I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cash for Trash Wednesday

Another week and another dollar earned!  It’s great to see that sales have picked up and it really motivates me to list, list, and list.  Here are a few of my best sellers from the past couple of weeks:

5013 (1)

PHAT FARM SWEATSHIRT HOODY HOODIE Black with Blue Men's Size XL – paid $1.00 @ sa – sold $47.49

I found this great sweatshirt for $1 at the SA and listed it at $28.99 with free domestic shipping.  It went to an international buyer who paid $18.50 for shipping.  I love international buyers!

4718 (1)

Brooks Brothers White Gray Striped Non Iron Cotton Mens Dress Shirt 17.5 – 35 – paid $2 @ SA – sold $34.99

I was happy to find this Brooks Brothers shirt at the SA after reading this post by Frank @ Fruzie’s Collectibles.  It was a quick seller, too!  Be sure to read Frank’s post about the top 6 selling brands of men’s shirts.  Thanks, Frank!

5016 (1)

JOS A BANKS Men's Bill Cosby Multicolor Long Sleeve Crewneck Sweater Sz XXL 2 XL – paid $1 @ sa – sold $28.99

And, thanks to Tristen @ The eBay Entrepreneur for the great tip on Bill Cosby sweaters.  I knew about Coogi sweaters made famous by Bill Cosby.  But I didn’t realize that other sweaters could also be called Bill Cosby sweaters. Tristen’s timing with this post couldn’t have been better as I had already bought the sweater; and because of Tristen’s post, I listed this as a Bill Cosby sweater with a higher fixed price.  It sold within a few days! 


4819 (1)

VINTAGE PROCTOR SILEX 4-Slice Pastry Toaster T806W Chrome White NEW IN BOX – paid $4 @ gs – sold $75

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about my thrifty treasures which included this toaster.  I am happy to say it sold for a whopping $75!  Ka-ching!


5005 (1)

Mervyn's California Mission Santa Ines LE Porcelain Midwest Canon Falls 1998 – paid $4.48 @ GW – sold $59.99

Hard to believe it was so long ago, but 3 years ago I wrote this post about a lot of Mervyn’s missions that I found at the GW.  I kept those missions for a few months but eventually sold them on eBay.  These are super hard to find, but a couple weeks ago I found this one at the GW.  It was tucked, hidden, underneath a rack of shelves of knickknacks.  I barely glimpsed the red box but knew immediately what it was.  I’d sold my previous missions for $35, but listed this one at $60 since there are so few around.  Check out my completed listing here.


3246 (2)

Vintage 1900s Hand Quilted Finished QUILT Bed Size 84 x 85 – sold $155.95

I bought this vintage quilt YEARS ago at an estate sale.  I don’t remember how much I paid for it, but I decided it was time to let it go to a new home.  I have had this quilt listed since last year both on eBay and Etsy.  I have no idea what it’s worth, but I started the listings at $195 – months later, still no sales.  I lowered the price to $175 – months later, still no sales.  Again, I dropped the price another $20 and voila!  It finally sold.  It now has a new home and I have $155.95 in my account.

Now that’s CASH FOR TRASH!

Happy saling and selling!

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Great sales. I can't believe the toaster's selling price. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know how to make nothing turn into "cash now" I have heard of something like this before. I had a friend who went to Brazil and the locals loved his style of clothing so much that they offered him ridiculous amounts of money for them. Unbelievable, but good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the info - my mother-in-law has ALL of those Mervyn's missions. I will be drooling the next time I am over there thinking of the bucks I could get! Sigh, I can dream.:) She loves them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a week after I read this post, I stumble on to a Mervyn's mission - Santa Barbara in a thrift store. Had I not read your post, I would not have thought twice about it. Scooped it up for 5 dollars!

    The mission you sold is my home town - Santa ynez!
    Small world!

    Thanks for the tip and love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete