I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cash for Trash Wednesday

It’s been a busy couple of months and a LONG time since a Cash for Trash post.  Sales have been brisk and I’ve had some interesting sales.  Here are a few of my best:

4553

FREE PEOPLE Chic LINEN Blend HIGH WAIST FLARE BELL BOTTOM WIDE LEG PANTS NWT NEW – paid $1 @ sa – sold $65

4745 (1)

Mary Engelbreit 17 Piece Child's Tea Set Toy Play Mini Teapot Placemats Napkins – paid $2 @ gs – sold $61.94

4721 (1)

STORYBOOK KNITS Women's Cream Beaded Sunflowers Bee Long Sleeve Sweater Sz 1X – paid $1 @ ts – sold $28

I’ve been listing sweaters – including Ugly Christmas Sweaters – in my store as I buy them and have sold about half of the 40+ I’ve listed so far.  Check out this link from The eBay Entrepreneur about The Bill Cosby sweater.  Another BOLO item!

4180

ARTHUR SINGER No. 6 in series of Prints Rhododenbron Willow Goldfinch FRAMED – paid $0.98 @ sa – sold $34.37

I found this print in a clearance bin filled with old junky frames.  At less than $1, it was easy to bring it home with me.  Imagine my pleasant surprise when I discovered the print was actually worth something.  Arthur Singer is one of America’s best known bird painters and his prints are highly sought after.

4561 (1)

CRIB BUMPER Kids Line Shabby Chic Pink Green w/ Flowers Lady Bug Chenille Minky- paid $2 @ gw – sold $26.48

4779 (1)

CRIB BUMPER Tiddliwinks Safari Jungle Zoo Lion Elephant Beige Green Stripes – paid $3 @ gw – sold $35.95

Another BOLO item is crib bumpers.  I have found a few at the thrift stores for between $2-$3.  Be careful, though, because not all will sell well.  Pottery Barn is always a best seller and any others that are from quality brands.

4659 (1)

The Far Side by Gary Lawson Damned if You Do Mug 1985 – paid $1.65 @ SA – sold $24.99

Mugs continue to be good sellers for me.  I’ve been picking up quite a few at the thrift stores, like Sandra Boynton, Taylor NG and Starbucks. Love to sell mugs cuz they’re small and easy to ship.

… and last, but not least, these two Jack Daniel’s sales:

4656 (1)

JACK DANIELS 1915 Gold Medal Bottle Limited Edition w/Tag and WHITE RABBIT TOKEN – sold $146.

4657 (1)

JACK DANIEL'S SCENES FROM LYNCHBURG #2 750 ml FULL SEALED w/ WHITE RABBIT TOKEN – sold $123.49

In 2005, we went on a family vacation to visit my DD in Tennessee.  While there, we went on a tour of the Jack Daniels distillery and ended up buying a half dozen bottles of whiskey.  Over the years, we’ve given most of them away as gifts, and these were the last two.  We don’t drink so these were just taking up space and gathering dust.  Then a light bulb went off in my head!  I know you can’t sell liquor on eBay, but you can sell sealed collectible bottles.  I was happy to get over $250 for these two! 

BTW, DH and DS#1 flew out of Tennessee the day before Katrina hit in 2005.  DS#2 and I stayed behind and weathered the storm with DD and her family.  Let’s just say, that is one family vacation we will not forget!

Now, that’s CASH FOR TRASH!

Happy thrifting and saling!

5 comments:

  1. Great sales! Congratulations! Love those bell bottoms....takes me back. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the American Pediatric Association does not recommend bumper pads in cribs for tiny babies.
    Please see the link: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/18/health/no-bumpers-cribs-sids-parenting/index.html

    I guess that's why we're all seeing so many bumper pads in the thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tip on the crib bumpers...I'll keep my eye out for them!

    Margaret @ Live Like No One Else

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heading to thrift stores! Your finds are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sales. Do you do actions or BIN?

    ReplyDelete