I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cash for Trash Wednesday

My June sales continue to be brisk.  Although I seem to spend most of my time taking pictures, measuring and listing, I wish I could find time to list even more.  The more you list, the more you sell!

Here are a few of my sales from the past couple weeks:

4384 (1)

ARROW Black BLAZER JACKET Boys Size 12 R Regular Suit Dressy Coat – paid $2.48 from SA – sold $26.99

Selling boys’ suit blazers is a niche I had not considered until I found a seller who was doing a brisk business selling these.  Boys’ blazers are, actually, hard to find.  I look for them at thrift stores or garage sales, but have only run across a handful in the past few months.  I’m also looking at selling men’s blazers after reading this article by Suzanne Wells.

4289

STEVE & BARRY'S UCLA BRUINS NCAA VARSITY JACKET ADULT SMALL – paid $4 at GS – sold $34.95

4510

CHICO'S DESIGN Women's White Mouse Family Linen Casual Drawstring Pants Sz XL 3 – paid $1 At SA – sold $25.49

4567 (1)

CAROL WIOR WOMEN'S BLACK HALTER SWIMDRESS SWIMSUIT PADDED UNDERWIRE SIZE 18 – paid $2 at Rummage sale – sold $42.50

DSC01154

GUY HARVEY Bluewater Men's Bull Dolphin Short Sleeve Casual Shirt Sz M NWT NEW – paid $0.50 at GS – sold $39.00

Paid $0.50 for this new Guy Harvey shirt at a garage sale and sold it on eBay for $39.00.  Gotta LOVE garage sales!

DSC01233

JOSEPH & FEISS Men's Khaki Green Short Sleeve Camp Resort Silk Shirt Sz 3XL – paid $2 from SA – sold $27.49

Joseph & Feiss is always a good seller as well as Cubavera.  Be sure to add these to your BOLO list.

DSC01242

CUBAVERA Men's Black & White Embroidered Linen Blend Casual Camp Shirt Sz XL – paid $2 from SA – sold $25.50

4489 (1)

THE DISPENSER BETTER LIVING 3 Bath Tub & Shower Shampoo Dispenser Organizer NEW – sold $28.62

This dispenser was something I had lying around the house.  Bought it at the county fair years ago and finally decided it wasn’t doing me any good in the closet! 

4589 (1)

Vintage DYMO 3/8" Label Maker Model 1800 Retro Orange & Radio Shack Mini & Tape – Free from GS – Sold $15.49

I bought several things from a garage sale and the homeowner threw this in as a freebie.  I think she originally had a price tag of $1.  Honestly, I almost donated this to the thrift store – am glad I didn’t!

4602 (1)

VINTAGE Plush Stuffed 7-inch Horse Pony with Red Saddle with Box Steiff? – paid $1 from GS – sold $26.99

I bought this stuffed horse from the same garage sale as the DYMO.  The Steiff name on the box caught my eye and the $1 price tag was even better.  Once I brought the pony home, I realized I wasn’t really sure it was a Steiff because it had no labels, even if it fit perfectly in the box.  I noted this in the listing, but it still sold for over $25!

DSC01166

Smiley Face Happy Mug Chilli Bowl Teleflora Gift Coffee Extra Large Soup Dish – paid $0.50 at Rummage sale – sold $19.99

This cute smiley mug was a pleasant surprise because I didn’t realize these were pretty good sellers.  And, I still have one more to list.

4392 (1)

Kung Zhu Pet Battle Hamster Ninja Warriors & Special Forces Set of 4 NIB NEW – paid $11.96 – sold $48.98

Ever buy something, thinking it’s going to be a great seller – and then discover you’ll be lucky just to sell it?  Then you sit around thinking, “Why did I buy these and what was I thinking?”

Well, that’s how I felt about these Kung Zhu Hamsters.  They were on clearance at Walgreens for $2.99 each – not exactly pocket change.  I intended to sell them individually and hopefully get more than 4x my investment; but I was disappointed they weren’t really big sellers.  I’d be happy to break even, so I listed them as a lot for $29.99 with free shipping - less than 2.5x my cost.

I was so happy when they sold!  Best of all, they sold to an international buyer, which means NO FREE SHIPPING!

Here’s my best seller so far this month:

4254

TOMMY BAHAMA TAUPE BROWN SUEDE LEATHER BUTTON FRONT 4-POCKET JACKET COAT MENS LG – paid $9.30 from SA – sold $130.99

I originally listed this jacket for $299 with free shipping.  It sat in my store for a couple of months so I lowered the price to $200.  I finally received a best offer, which was lower than what I would have liked.  I could have counter-offered, but I was ready to see it go.  I still made a good profit and someone got a great deal!

That’s what I call CASH FOR TRASH!

Happy eBaying and thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment