I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cash for Trash Wednesday

Okay, so it’s really Thursday!  Story of my life: always a day late and a dollar short … Smile with tongue out 

Anyway, I have been pleasantly surprised this year that my June sales have been jumping.  Last year, my June sales were miserable – the lowest month of the year.   I usually have numerous sales when I do auctions, but most of these sales have been from my store.

Nothing really exciting, but here are some of my sales from the past couple weeks:

4404

Folk Art Stoneware Pottery Coffee Mug with Mustache & Beard Face – paid $0.98 from SA – sold $19.58

I never realized these face mugs were good sellers.  Some of the handcrafted stoneware mugs with the distorted ugly faces can go for up to $40-$50.  I never picked them up cuz I thought they were so ugly that no one would buy them!  This is definitely a BOLO item.

3845 (1)

Mac Tonight Ronald McDonald House Mug Stoneware Advertising Fast Food 1997 – paid $1 from SA – sold $21.33

4410B

Vintage Russ Gonga Ape Monkey Thumb Sucking Sucker Plush Stuffed Doll 1977 – paid $1.50 from GW – sold $24.98

4484 (1)

THE AMITYVILLE HORROR JAY ANSON 1977 BCE HC DJ w BRODART ARCHIVAL BOOK COVER – paid $0.10 from SA – sold $28.99

4502 (1)

J McCall Blue Sky Clayworks Relief Decorated Floral Butterfly Shallow Bowl Plate – paid $2 at GS – sold $32.08

4542

THEORY Women's Black Tweed Wool Blend Business Dress Slacks Pants Size 4 – paid $1 at SA – sold $27.49

I also made a sale on Etsy!  I only have a handful of items listed but one of the items was this quilt top that I made a couple years ago:

3357 (1)

QUILT Scrappy Millennium Star Nickel Quilt Top 62 x 62 NEW – sold $60

I really want to increase my Etsy store but just trying to find the time is a challenge.  I just read on The Selling Sisters that Rachel was able to get her eBay inventory up to 1,150 listings!  Wow! And wants to maintain her store at that level.  That’s a whole lotta work.  I tried listing 100 a week, but only got up to 75 … and that took ALL week.  I probably shouldn’t watch TV when I list … I get easily distractedWinking smile.

Hope your June sales have been good!

Happy eBaying and thrifting!

5 comments:

  1. Those are some nice sales. I love the 'paid $1, sold for $25' ratio (or somewhere thereabouts). I could do that all day long. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts and all about the things you sell! And yes, I agree with Lorraine... your conversion rate rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sales! How many items do you currently have listed in your store?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your site with jealously all day now.

    Not just your skills buying and selling, but the way your blog is set up.
    Perfect.

    Speaking of selltrash4cash.com is my url for my blog- Jamie's Online Attic.

    Check it out, and give me some feedback if you have a minute. Peace-James

    ReplyDelete