I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thrifty Treasures Tuesday

DSC00607

Retro Needlepoint Kitty with Flower from SA – $3.00

April has just been an incredibly busy month.  I spent the first two weeks working on our taxes.  With two businesses and two years’ worth of data to compile, it was a daunting task but I finished everything in time for our tax accountant.

 DSC00609

Framed Needlepoint from SA – $2.33 EA

I still managed to make time to do some serious thrifting & saling; and found some really great items for my eBay and Etsy stores, like these framed needlepoint projects.

DSC00612

Wood and Wrought Iron Candelabra from SA – $5.00

I really love this candelabra and plan to upcycle it.  Not sure if I want to keep it or resell it.  I guess it depends on what I end up doing with it. 

DSC00636

Ethnic Fork and Knife from SA – FREE

I’ve been on the look out for a wall-size vintage wood fork-and-spoon set so this set caught my eye.  Not really what I’m looking for, but I think it’s rather unique.  I made a large purchase that day so the clerk threw them in as a freebie.

DSC00554

Vintage Pair of Shoe Trees from SA – $3.00

These are a great home décor or conversation piece; and they’ll be going in my Etsy store.

DSC00596

LLEWELLYN BAKELITE PURSE from SA – $3.00

Can you believe I found this awesome vintage Llewellyn bakelite purse in the toy section?!  It caught my eye because I thought it was a cute little container.  Once home, I really inspected it and saw that it had a brand name.  That’s when I realized it was a vintage purse – SCORE! 

DSC00674

vintage grandmother’s garden floursack hand-quilted twin size quilt – from sa for $6

This quilt was a “STEAL” at only $6!  It is definitely vintage and hand quilted.  It is a twin size and is shown hanging over a queen-size mattress. 

DSC00675

I saw it in a shopping cart filled with other linens that one of the employees was bringing out.  I asked to see it but she said I had to wait until she put it out.  So I stalked followed her around.  A few other customers were also stalking following her for the quilt; but when the time came, she remembered I was the first to inquire and handed it to me. I clutched onto it and made sure no one would steal take it out of my cart.

DSC00676

It wasn’t tagged so I still had no idea how much it cost.  Comforters have a set price of $12; and since this was half-off Friday, I paid ONLY $6 for this beautiful quilt!

DSC00679

I also managed to get out a couple of Saturdays to do some garage saling.  I found some great treasures but this vintage hostess set for $1 is my favorite:

DSC00646DSC00647

Vintage Shell Pink Milk Glass Hostess Set – Garage sale find for only $1

Also made it to a few GW stores and found some really neat things to upcycle. I’ve been haunting the Etsy stores and have seen the wonderful treasures in those popular POP colors.  I’m feeling a little creative and may give it a try.

Happy thrifting and selling!

Believe in yourself and prosper!


Linking up to the following parties.  Be sure to check them out for more great thrifty treasures!

Flea Market Finds @ Her Library Adventures

Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

High on Thrifting Thursday @ The Haps

Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove

3 comments:

  1. Great find on the quilt... love it. I would have a hard time parting with it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is beautiful! Just subscribed to your blog. I also live in SoCal and I have a four year old. I'm new to this whole thing...can you make some suggestions on GW or SA that have a good kid's clothing selection? Thanks! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing scores especially on that bakelite purse!

    ReplyDelete