I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cash for Trash: Disney Musical Memories Music Boxes

4335 Bambi

MUSICAL MEMORIES DISNEY COLLECTION LE bambi 1986 – sold $30

Musical Memories was the name given to a series of collectible musical figurines that celebrated the Disney animated features. It was a limited edition collection of 20 music boxes released by mail-order in 1986. Each figurine displayed an array of Disney characters from each film, and each had a moving figure that was attached via a screw.

Some of these Disney Musical Memories are hard to find; and can sell for good $$ depending on condition. I had about 15 figurines that were just collecting dust in a display cabinet, so I decided it was time they went to new homes.

3250

MUSICAL MEMORIES DISNEY COLLECTION LE FANTASIA 1986 – sold $20

Over the past couple years I’ve been listing them on eBay for $30 each (plus shipping).  Although they are not fast sellers,  they do eventually sell after a couple of months.

This FANTASIA figurine, however, just wasn’t selling.  It’d been sitting in my store since last year, until I decided to drop the price to $19.99.  No sooner did it sell when I received an email from another interested buyer.  Although he missed out on FANTASIA, this buyer was interested in any others I had.  As it turns out, I had 5 more … or so I thought.

A few weeks prior, I’d decided to clean them before taking pictures, so I unscrewed the animated figurine from two of them.  BIG mistake because I discovered that I could not screw it back on!  They were now in two separate pieces, and I thought were not saleable.

3079

MUSICAL MEMORIES DISNEY COLLECTION LE sleeping beauty 1986 – sold AS-IS $25

The buyer ended up buying BAMBI and then inquired about the 2 non-working boxes.  After another exchange of emails and pictures, he ended up also buying SLEEPING BEAUTY, even though it didn’t work.  Total for these two was $75 (including shipping) – and no insertion or FV fees to deal with.  That works for me!

Now that’s cash for trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment