I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cash for Trash: Betsey Johnson Dress from Salvation Army

DSC09776

BETSEY JOHNSON Women's Beautiful Feminine Floral Print Sleeveless Long Dress LG NWT – paid $3 – sold $59.95

This Betsey Johnson dress is really beautiful (I know the picture kinda sucks).  It’s so feminine in a retro style that reminds me of the 1940s.  I was glad to get 20 times what I paid for it!

Betsey-Johnson-articleInline

New York Designer Betsey Johnson has been “rocking” the fashion industry with her unique and original designs since the 1960's with her “frilly retro dresses and kooky-sexy separates”.


DSC00152

Reyn Spooner L.A. Dodgers Medium Blue Hawaiian Resort Shirt Men's Size L – paid $2 – sold $19.99

I love Hawaiian shirts.  I don’t wear them nor do any of my guys, so what’s a girl to do?  Sell them, of course!  I started selling them years ago.  I did a ton of research and gathered as much info as I could.  Then, for one reason or another, I stopped selling shirts, which were the only clothing item I sold at that time.  But after my success selling these Disney shirts, I knew it was time to revisit this niche.  Stay tuned for a post on Hawaiian shirts …


4041

McCall's 4041 Medieval Renaissance Gown and Headpiece Costume 14-20 NEW – paid $0.75 – sold $22.95

Patterns are another great niche for reselling.  You can pick these up for under $1; and depending on the pattern, they resell for some great bucks.  Of course, not all patterns are great sellers, but Vogue and costume patterns are good ones to look for.  I prefer picking up new uncut patterns because I can be assured all the pieces are there; and they also get higher prices.  Stayed tuned for a post on sewing patterns …


I haven’t been listing much so my sales have been rather quiet.  I’ve been busy working on our taxes (boring) and haunting the thrift stores (exciting).  Will be posting about a few of the great treasures I found. 

Happy thrifting and selling!

Believe in yourself and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment