I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thrifty Treasures Thursday … And Stuart the Salsa Dancing Dog

DSC08614

A couple weeks ago, I had to drive DS#2 to his job at Disneyland. (Did I mention he gets FREE admission pretty much anytime he wants … and if I’m a good girl, I get to go with him once or twice a year and get in free!)  Anyway, I took advantage of the 45-minute drive to Anaheim to check out the GW store in that area.

I found a couple tops and a jacket, plus this lot of 9 ornaments.  There are seven Hallmark, one Christopher Radko, and one Lenox.  Woohoo!  Score!  I paid $24.91 for the lot – about $2.75 each.  The little Crayola Crayon tepee is going to DD for her collection, and I’m keeping the Olympic Santa.  The remaining 7 are listed in my eBay store. Actually, 6 are listed as one already sold.  If all sell at my fixed price, total sales for the lot would be $168.00!  Now that’s cash for trash! 


stuart the salsa dancing dog

Okay, so this video has nothing to do with thrifty treasures.  I thought I’d just share it and bring a smile to your face.

Stuart is just way too cute! When I first saw this, I thought it had to be fake.  I couldn’t believe a dog could dance this long – a whole 1.42 minutes – but I saw it all the way through, and it’s definitely for real!  Stuart just loves to dance, and he’s got all the right moves! 

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a peaceful, healthy and prosperous NEW YEAR!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the ornament score! Ad I love how you jumped on the opportunity to stop in a different Club G.W. I do the same thing! Isn't it an adventure? Best wishes for a happy holiday and wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just started to follow your blog. Found you via a comment you left on "Money in the Garage." I am also like you.. a Goodwill & garage sale addict that buys clothing to resell. My thing is, I am scared silly to auction items. So, I take the safe road and rather just list it in my ebay store at a fixed price. Though, I'd love to know if it might go higher. So, my question for you is.. If I were to start by auctioning my items, what should I start my bidding at? Should I start it at the price that I originally paid for the item at Goodwill or a garage sale? Or what is your strategy on ebay auction start prices? Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Stuart. Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi... You have a spelling error in your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in. I haven't seen a post from you in a while. I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete