I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Best Things I’ve Sold on eBay ~ #21 BARBIE PINK HARD CASE FOR DOLL ACCESSORIES

864

Starting Bid: $9.99 Winning Bid: $20.62
Paid: $1.50 From: Goodwill
Ended: 8/24/2008 Winner: Vacaville, CA

990

Starting Bid: $9.99 Winning Bid: $9.99
Paid: $1.50 From: Goodwill
Ended: 9/21/2008 Winner: Australia

2148

Starting Bid: $9.99 Winning Bid: $9.99
Paid: $1.77 From: Goodwill
Ended: 11/24/2009 Winner: N/A

A few years back, I found three Barbie storage hard cases on separate occasions.  I was pleasantly surprised when the first one sold for over $20.  So, when I found the other two, I was hoping they’d sell for as much; but I was a little disappointed when they did not do as well.

The GW stores in my area no longer accept toys, although they will accept the occasional plush.  I’m not exactly sure why but I suspect it has to do with liability and recalls on toys.  So I have not come across these again. 

In fact, I’m not sure how rare or collectible these really are.  There are none currently listed on eBay, although there are a few older vintage cases that sold for over $50 (and a couple that sold for about $10).  But if I come across another one for under $2, I would pick it up because I know it’d be a sure sale.

1 comment: