I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cash for Trash Wednesday

Seems like forever since I’ve had a Cash for Trash update.  Things have been jumping on eBay, and I’ve been spending every spare minute listing as much as I can.  I’m averaging about 50 sales a week, and I’ve already passed the $2,000 mark for September – that’s two months in a row!  I have a new monthly goal of $3,000 – it’d be awesome if I could reach that before the end of the year.

So, what have been my best sales during the past 6 weeks?  I previously posted here about the cross stitch kits that sold for over $600, but here are my other top sellers:

3332D

Doc Dr Martens Brown Chunky Oxfords UK 6 US 8 EUR 39/40 – sold $55.99 – paid $5

3182

NAT NAST Men's Black Green Silk Long Sleeve Shirt Sz L – sold $36.01 – paid $2

548

Diane von Furstenberg Black Taffy Eyelet Wrap Dress 4 – sold $36.00 – paid $7.00

3337

OBERMEYER LADIES TEAL SKI BIB SUIT OVERALL PANTS SZ 8L – sold $34.99 – paid $2.37

2645

NINE WEST Pardon Women's Black Leather Boots Sz 7.5 M – sold $35.00 – paid $9

1895

WITCH DRESS COSTUME Women's Black Gold Plus Sz 16W-24W – sold $30.00 – paid $2

3593

BellePointe Women's Fourth of July SS Hand Knit Cardigan Sweater Sz L NEW – sold $30.00 – paid $2

3507

Vintage ST. JOHN MARIE GRAY 2-PIECE BLUE SKIRT SUIT 12 – sold $29.95 – paid $4.73

3614

I.B. DIFFUSION SPORT Women's Funky Colorful Hot Pink Neon Green Sequin Sweater S – sold $29.95 – paid $2

3517

Adorable Rubies SUPERGIRL Toddler Dress Costume Sz 2-3 – sold $24.99 – paid $1

2723

GUINEVERE California Costume Girl's Dress Costume Sz M – sold $24.95 – paid $2

3581C

CLAIROL KINDNESS DELUXE 3-WAY HAIRSETTER HOT ROLLERS with WAX CORE PAGEANT – sold $24.95 – paid $4

3243

Killtec Litorio Level 5 Men's Black Ski Snow Jacket L – sold $75 – paid $10

And, this high seller has been in my garage for a few years.  It was another item that our neighbor gave us when he moved.  Sold for $79.88 – that’s what I call “money in the garage”!

2632B

Nikko Tec RC Radio Controlled Submarine Shark Hunter – sold $79.88 – paid $0 (freebie)

I started listing the few costumes I had at the end of August.  That’s paid off cuz people start serious buying for Halloween right after Labor Day. 

I’ve also been listing those Ugly Christmas Sweaters.  Whoa!  Have you seen for how much some have sold?  I’ve been buying these sweaters since Spring and have a few bagful’s.  I bought the two listed in this post as “ugly sweaters” but didn’t list them as such – after all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! 

And I’ve ventured into selling shoes thanks to We Sell on Ebay.  I was thrilled when the Doc Marten’s sold, but I’m not having much luck finding many deals on shoes to resell.  I’ll have to keep searching for a good source.

Don’t you just love getting cash for trash?  Hope your sales have been jumping too.  Happy sales to you!

1 comment:

  1. I have some of those Clairol rollers. They were a Christmas gift back in the 80s and are still working!

    ReplyDelete