I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cash for Trash Wednesday

EBay must be feeling the summer slump, too, because they had another 1-cent listing promo yesterday.  They don’t give much notice so the best I could do was take items out of my store and relist them at auction.  I did manage to list several new items, and I think in all I listed 60 items for 60 cents!  I made them 5-day auctions so they could end Sunday evening, a much better day for bids.

Last week was so-so for sales.  Better than it’s been but still feeling the summer slump.  Here are my best sellers:

3458 (2)

CABi Women's White Stretch Long Sleeve Zipper Blouse M – sold $8.99 – paid $0.50

3455

Dr Seuss Scrub Top Pediatrics Size Medium Excellent – sold $8.50 – paid $1

3475

TOMMY HILFIGER Women's Black Stretch Casual Skirt Sz 16 – sold $10.50 – paid $1

3450

Catherine Coatney Goth Lolita Cosplay Sheer Satin Skirt – sold $19.03 – paid $1

3471

REYN SPOONER DISNEY MICKEY MOUSE HAWAIIAN SHIRT MEN MED – sold $21.50 – paid $1

3364

NORMA KAMALI Women's Stretch Knit Bubble Dress Sz S – sold $24.99 – paid $2

I also sold two more Hallmark ornaments from my store for $25.98:

2899

HALLMARK ORNAMENT REEL FUN SANTA FISHING 1999

1418

Hallmark HOME SWEET HOME PEANUTS SNOOPY 2008 NEW

Does this happen to anyone else?  For the past several years, I’ve noticed a certain phenomenon, like the Penguins ornament that sold 2 weeks ago and now this Snoopy ornament.  They have been in my store for over a year; then, bam, they sell within a week of each other.  Or, I will have a set of plates that have been sitting around for months; then, one plate sells and bam! within weeks, even days, the rest of the set sells – all to different buyers.  This happens a lot! Kinda weird, huh?

Sales for the week totaled $255.44.  Now THAT’S cash for trash!


3105

UTILIKILT SURVIVAL Style Tan Men's Cotton Kilt 38 S – starting bid $160

I mentioned in last week’s Cash for Trash post that I bought 8 men’s kilts at the SA for $10.  Well, I listed them that Wednesday evening and the auctions are due to close later today.  All but one have bids, and I anticipate that all 8 will sell before the end of the day.  You can see my listings here.  Come back tomorrow to see how these ended!

Happy sales to you!

4 comments:

  1. Have them all flagged and cannot wait to see the loot you'll be making on these! YAY for you!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE these kind of ebay auctions! I always tell my hubby "hell, Charles Schwaab can't even do that with a dollar!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!! Awesome!!! So happy for you!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked your completed listing on those kilts. Holy cannoli! Excellent score! Big congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy CRAP! Did you have a heart attack??!!!!! I'm glad it was you!! Anyone else i'd have to kill!:)

    ReplyDelete