I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Best Things I’ve Sold on eBay ~ #20 Lenox Magic Garden Temper Ware

Thank you all for your great comments in response to yesterday’s post on the kilts!  I’m still walking around in disbelief.  I’m sure finding those kilts was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, and the odds of finding another one, let alone eight, for the price of $1.25 are nil. 

So, I paid my car registration and tomorrow we’re leaving for San Francisco to pick up DS#1 from Berkeley.  He’s got a one-week break between the end of summer session and the start of fall semester.  He should be done with classes end of this year and should be graduating with a B.S. in Mathematics in June 2012.  I’m trying to encourage him to study abroad for his last semester, Spring 2012; but he doesn’t seem too interested.  I’ll keep working on him!


I mentioned in my post that I used my android smart phone to research the kilts.  I love my phone!  

51naoA308IL__SL500_AA300_

Last August, my old razor phone died, and DH bought me a Samsung Vibrant Galaxy Android phone to replace it.  I had a love-hate relationship with this phone, but I’ve learned to love it!  It has been one of the best tools for buying inventory.  It has not only saved me money, but also made me money.

I’d only had the phone a couple of weeks, and was still learning to use it, when I stopped by the GW.  I found several pieces of this Lenox Temper Ware.  The casserole and a couple of other pieces were priced between $7.99 and $9.99.  Normally, I would have passed up on these.

1672

But, now that I had a smart phone, I was able to do some research.  I found out these pieces can fetch some pretty good money.  So I bought all 10 pieces and paid $33.99.  Without my smart phone and research, I never would have spent that much on an unfamiliar product.

1673-74

Listing Price: $267.79

Best Offer: $150.00

Paid: $30.95

From:  Goodwill

Ended: 10/31/10

Winner: Tomball, TX

1726

Listing Price: $23.99

Final: $23.99

Paid: $2.99

From:  Goodwill

Ended: 10/14/10

Winner: Ft Worth, TX

Within a month of listing, all the pieces sold.  The two dessert plates sold first for my full asking price.  And I was thrilled when I was offered $150.00 for the remaining pieces.  That $33.99 turned into $173.99, netting me $140!  Thank you smart phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment