I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thrifty Treasures Thursday

DSC06355

Finally got out this past Saturday to hit the garage sales.  The weather was beautiful and best of all, had a ton of fun with my BFF Viv!

DSC06370

Bought a bunch of name-brand clothes for $0.50-$1 each.  At one garage sale, I ended up with at least 15 items, including eight Reyn Spooner Hawaiian shirts, all for $1 each.  They’re currently listed, and except one, all have a bid! Still have more clothes to list which should bring in a nice profit.

DSC06371

Found these plush animals, plus a couple of Smurfs from the 80s, for 25¢ each.  I was hoping to find more but the pickin’s were pretty slim.

DSC06417

This 4-piece luggage set from Jordache is in pretty good condition.  It was only $5!  Thinking I may resell it on Craiglist.

And THIS was my last purchase of the day … and the best:

DSC06418

This solid oak roll-top desk was only $20!  We’d been saling since 6:00 a.m and it was already 9:00 when we got to this garage sale.  This desk had a sign with $40 crossed off and replaced with $20.  I didn’t see anything very wrong with it and couldn’t believe it was still there.  For $20, I knew I could sell it for a profit on Craiglist.  Ka-ching!

It looks a little wonky in the picture because we had to take it apart to bring home so it’s in 3 pieces.  The surface needs cleaning and polishing; but once I clean it up, it’ll look awesome! 

I always say that cheap is good, but free is better!  How about this solid wrought iron chandelier lamp from Home Depot?

DSC06419

This was another end-of-day find, one last stop before we call it a day.  Walking up to the driveway, I saw this lamp with a *FREE* sign on it.  I immediately grabbed it and claimed it as mine.  My BFF bought a couple of things so I didn’t feel so bad walking away with this.  Another Craiglist item!  P.S. The cute kitty is not included! 

I just love saling!  Wish I could get out there every weekened.  Linking up to the following, so please visit them for more thrifty treasures:

For more great finds, check out Apron Thrift Girl’s blog for Thrift Share Monday.  Also linking up to Thrifty Thursday @ Bloggervitaville and Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove.  Be sure to check them out for more great thrifty treasures!

3 comments:

  1. What awesome thrifted treasures! That desk is beautiful! And the free chandy, well you so can't go wrong with free! thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete