I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Best Things I’ve Sold on eBay ~ #18 Hand Painted MILDA Pansies Collector Plate

830

Starting Bid: $4.99

Winning Bid: $16.50

Paid: $0.99

From:  Goodwill

Ended: 8/24/08

Winner: Indianapolis, IN

Way back then, I would buy most collector plates – unless they were overpriced – that I ran across at thrift stores and garage sales.  I did sell a few; but for the most part, I had trouble selling them.  Now, with few exceptions, I don’t bother with them.

I do currently have two beautiful owl plates in my store that have been in my inventory for awhile.  I originally bought these plates for myself at a garage sale for $5 each.  No luck selling them so I think I’ll remove them from my inventory and just keep them.

I also recently bought a couple of Star Wars plates at an estate sale for $4 each.  With the recent hoopla over Disney’s Star Wars ride, I thought they might be good sellers.  But my research showed they don’t sell for much more than I paid, so I may just keep them (DS is a big Star Wars fan).  Or I may decide to sell them just to get my money back.  If I do, I won’t be listing them on eBay!

Back to the plate pictured above, I have no idea why it had multiple bids and sold for over $16; but I was thrilled to make 15 times what I paid!

No comments:

Post a Comment