I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Best Things I’ve Sold on eBay ~ #19 Court Reporter Stenograph Machine

729

Starting Bid: $9.99 Winning Bid: $51.00
Paid:  N/A From: Personal Item
Ended: 08/24/08 Winner: Albuquerque, NM

After graduating high school and like most teenagers, I had no idea what I wanted to do.  When my cousin told me she was taking classes to be a court reporter, I thought that sounded interesting so I convinced my dad to finance my schooling. 

Long story short – you know what’s coming next – after two years, I lost interest when I reached a plateau and couldn’t get to the next level.  I always thought I’d go back, which is why I kept my machine.  But as the years went by, technology advanced and my steno machine became a dinosaur. 

Still, I kept my machine, probably more for sentimental reasons than for anything else.  One day I decided it was time to let go of this old relic and sell it on eBay.  The machine was still in very good condition, but I had no idea if anyone would be interested.  So I was happy when it sold for over $50!   And to think that I almost donated it to the thrift store.  Better $50 in my pocket than in their cash register, don’t ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment