I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rags to Riches Challenge #22

Things have picked up, although I’m not sure if it’s because I’m listing more new items.  Whatever the reason, it’s very motivating.

I had a total of 83 auctions listed; of these, 35 were re-listings.  I had 29 sales for the week; and here are my best sellers:

3278

FRESH PRODUCE Women Black Cotton T-Shirt Shift Dress XL – sold $10.50

3247

COLUMBIA Sportswear Men's Black Waterproof Ski Pants M –sold $15.99

3279

Fresh Produce Women's Aqua Floral Knit SL Dress Size M – sold $17.50

3160

GARLO Women's Black Full Length Hooded Open Front Coat L – sold $19.99

3280

FRESH PRODUCE Women's Cotton T-Shirt Shift Dress Sz XL – $20.50

2835

EILEEN FISHER Women's Brown Linen A-line Skirt Sz M – sold $25.25

2926

EILEEN FISHER Women's Cream Linen Pants Sz XL – sold $31.99

… and my TOP seller was:

3286

TIBI HYLAND Women's Silk Art Print Shift Dress Sz L – $41.00

I’d never heard of Tibi Hyland when I bought the dress for $2.50 at the SA, but it was 100% silk and it just *felt* like a quality item.  There are many high-end designers whose designs sell at high end boutiques or department stores, but I am not “in the know” and am totally unfamiliar with their labels.

3286D

So when I run across an unfamiliar label, I know the item will be from either a cheap discount store or a high-end boutique.  This TIBI dress was gorgeous and it just exuded quality.  A quick Google search proved I was right!

$(KGrHqYOKo0E3EyhHkG1BN7VRL081!~~0_12From Internet

Designer Amy Smilovic started her label in 1997 while living in Hong Kong.  Her penchant for bold color prints in easy to wear styles soon took off.  What began as four easy styles in hand printed fabrics quickly turned into a full collection that now sells in nearly every destination around the world. Amy and her husband left Asia in 2000 and relocated Tibi to a loft space in Soho, New York.  (From Tibi.com)

The white TIBI label above is the current label, which includes the words “New York”.  The green TIBI label in the previous picture is the one that was on my dress, which I believe was pre-2000 before Amy moved to New York.  I just LOVE finding great treasures at the thrift store!

I still had a couple bags of clothes to list so I didn’t make my weekly trip to the thrift store.  Here’s the bottom line for Week #22:

Auction Sales #22:

$399.05

Total: $6320.59

Cost of Goods:

$0

Total: $1180.70

eBay & PP Fees:

$63.50

Total: $1150.79

Total Net:

$3989.10

 

Online sales for Week #22, including eBay store, totaled $437.31.  I hope to meet my $4,000 goal next week!  Now THAT’S cash for trash!

6 comments:

  1. When I was training people to buy used clothing, one of the things I always stressed was knowing quality and construction. No one can possibly know every label out there but if you know quality when you feel it, then you're a couple steps ahead. Funny I didn't recognize your Tibi tag but I surely did the white one! Love her stuff, REALLY love the shift you sold it has a wow quality to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am going to come back and read every one of your rags to riches posts. They look like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've sold a tibi dress too, a horrible thing printed with rainforest monkey's. I love finding new labels. The fashion makes selling on eBay such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita those are some awesome sales! And now I'm on the lookout for TIBI as well...thanks for sharing the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That a new label to look for - thanks for sharing and linking up at My Dear Trash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for including info on a label I have never heard of. Something else to look for. That makes this fun for me, like a treasure hunt. Being a plus size gal, so many of the labels are unknown to me...I know Lane Bryant, Ralph Lauren, Ellen Tracey, etc...LOL...but not the designers who do not make plus sizes.

    Oh and you do so well with Fresh Produce...I could not get rid of the ONE thing I found from that label...it went in the "donate" box.

    Great week!!!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete