I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Top Rated Seller Status and Excellent Customer Service

Happy dance!  A few days ago, I checked my Seller Dashboard and knew I’d once again qualified for TRS status.  I also knew that eBay would evaluate my seller performance today, so I was glad to log on and see the TRS icon back on my listings.

EBay’s Top Rated Seller Program went into effect in December 2009.  I kept my TRS status for about a year.  Then one day it was gone.  I’d received one too many low DSR ratings. 

Truthfully, I didn’t have a good grasp on these programs.  My focus was on avoiding negative feedback, although I did know losing TRS status meant higher fees.  It was not, however, the end-all for me.  Like many, I’d been cruising along as I’d always done.  But I’ve worked hard to improve my customer service and get my TRS status back.

I’m still not out of the woods.  My TRS status is at risk for next month because I have 2 low ratings in 2 categories so I know I have to keep on top of things and continue to provide excellent customer service.  I like having TRS status because of the 20% discount, especially now that eBay will be charging a final value fee on shipping.  It’s also more important now because eBay is eliminating the Power Seller Program with its 5%-15% discount.

I will continue to do my best, but I will not stress over it … well, okay, at least I’ll try not to stress out too much!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I still have a ways to go until I can hope for the Top Rated Seller status since you have at least $3000 in sales to qualify. (Right?) I would *love* a break on ebay fees! I don't charge much a handling fee since I'm concerned about that rating on the DSR's so I still lose quite a bit per sale because of all the ebay & paypal fees. I'm worried if I charge more of a handling fee I'll get dinged on the DSR's and lose out on TRS status.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on eBay's crummy DSR system. I was once limited to a reduced number of sales one month but it was lifted the following month. I thought it might be a good idea to open a secondary eBay seller account as a backup? If they shut you down you can then shift to your secondary account.

    You have to fight "fire with fire" with Big Brother eBay!

    ReplyDelete