I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rag to Riches Challenge Times 2: Weeks #15 and #16

Weeks #15 and #16 began the next 3-month period of my Rag to Riches Challenge.  The first 3 months of my challenge grossed almost $4,500 in sales!  The summer months tend to be slow for eBay sales, with folks going on vacation and spending more time outdoors, but I hope to do as well if not better during this next 3-month period.

Here are my top sellers for the past 2 weeks.  I paid $1.00 for the pants and between $2-$3 for the other items:

3129B

MOTHERHOOD Maternity Brown with Dots Sheer Dress Sz S – sold $16.00

3178

MOTHERHOOD Maternity Red White Sleeveless Dress Sz M – sold $18.50

3223

EDELWEISS Women's Black Wool Blend Ski Pants WITH Stirrups – sold $19.99

3183

BRAND NEW CASUAL CORNER Women's Blue Silk LS Blouse Sz 14 – SOLD $20.00

3220

Tommy Hilfiger Men's Cream Linen Drawstring Pants 44x30 – SOLD $31.00

3186

BRAND NEW GAP White Lined Gore Flare Linen Skirt Sz 8 – sold $37.02

3127B

BRAND NEW QUACKER FACTORY Jacket Pink Butterfly Wreath Sz 3X – SOLD $41.00

In my last post, I showed you a couple of Reyn Spooner shirts I had up for auction.  I shared the link for the listings and some of you already know how much these sold for.  Here they are with Final Bid amount … Drum roll, pleeeze!!

3201

REYN SPOONER DISNEY PIXAR CARS Men's Shirt Sz M – sold $66.72

3199

REYN SPOONER DISNEY PIXAR RATATOUILLE Men's Shirt Sz M – sold $155.50!!

Holy smokes!  I had no idea how collectible these shirts are.  I was at my fave SA store and was already in line to pay when I spotted these shirts in the rack next to me.  I paid $2.50 each, hoping to get $14-$20 each on eBay.  Within hours of listing them, I knew I had a hot item. 

My first clue was an email from someone who was willing to pay $50 for the Ratatouille shirt if I would end the auction early with Buy It Now.  My policy is not to end auctions early, but $50 for a used shirt was tempting.  My next clue was the shirt already had 3 bids within a few hours of listing it.

I discovered that Reyn Spooner no longer makes the Disney Pixar shirts, and there is a whole group of folks who are avid Disney Pixar fans willing to pay big bucks for these shirts!  Definitely grab these if you find them!


Here’s the bottom line:

Auction Sales #15 #16 $935.89 Total: $5483.09
Cost of Goods: $106.58 Total: $989.30
eBay & PP Fees: $217.90 Total: $996.82
Total Net Profits: $3496.97  

I’ll continue my recap in future posts by discussing shipping, returns, feedback, customer service plus more.  Hope you come back!

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly! YOU GO!!!!!!!!! Dang thats cool to read! I wonder sometimes about putting everything in my store. I do well but I'd never price a Gap skirt for $30.00! And the Reyn spooners probably $20.00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. found your blog/website while looking at Reyn Spooner Disney shirts. I havent done much with thrift shops recently as I have a lot of stuff to sell plus my mom's estate (a fancy word for bunch of "stuff"). Most Reyn Spooner even non disney are over $100 and the disney are really popular. Good for you. Glad I found your site - nice look and nice job

    ReplyDelete