I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, May 27, 2011

eBay Selling: New Communication Manager

Image

Have you heard about eBay’s new Communication Manager?  eBay is now automatically sending emails to buyers without any input from sellers.  A surprise to me that it was already in effect.

One of the emails eBay sends is a Feedback Reminder.  If a buyer has not left feedback after about 30 days, eBay will contact them. 

I’m not sure this is a good thing as this can work against you.  If an unhappy buyer has not left negative feedback, that is good.  But s/he may decide to do so after receiving a Feedback Reminder from eBay, as I believe was the case in the transaction from my post yesterday, which ended in April.  A buyer has 30 days to leave a rating, and a transaction is not finalized until then.

I am now including the following message with my packages.  I hope this will encourage a buyer to contact me first with a problem before responding to eBay’s email:

I strive to provide great customer service, and your satisfaction is important. I want you to be 100% satisfied.

A 5-star rating is also important to me. Before leaving negative feedback or a 1 or 2 rating, please give me an opportunity to make it right. Contact me if you have any concern with your item and I will do my best for a favorable resolution.

Thank you for your purchase and hope that you shop with us again!

4 comments:

  1. I'm stealing that! I really like it. I knew they sent out reminders to pay, quickly actually. But didn't know about the feedback, yeesh thats scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stealing it, too! I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing that too. My packing slip says "Thanks for your purchase of: and then I copy and paste the actual auction description highlighting any mention of defects or problems with the product. I also put the auction number. Then I put the info about feedback, if they aren't happy with their purchase, and the return policy. So far so good.

    I have also been emailing people right away as the auctions end to make sure they were aware of any defect before they bid. (I got this from the Queen of Auctions).
    This coupled with the packing slip really leaves people no excuse to put item not as described.

    What has been amazing to me is the lack of feedback. I have 12 sales completed, but only 2 feedback. Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey to you from the other sunny coast! Thank you for your post about your Top Seller designation disappearing. It recently happened to me too and I was feeling all alone . Guess that we'll just blow it off and go about our business. love your blog.

    ReplyDelete