I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrifty Treasures Thursday

DSC04498

The weather was beautiful this past weekend so on Saturday my BFF Viv and I hit the sales in Orange County.  I was thrilled to be out saling again!  There were quite a few yardies, and I found all kinds of neat stuff, like this gorgeous vintage Hall’s coffee/tea pot (pictured above) for only $2 … can you believe it!

And what about this Cashflow financial board game by Rich Dad, Poor Dad … practically brand new:

2636B

Got it plus a vintage Scrabble, Cranium and Scooby Doo Monopoly board games for one dollar each. 

Check out this great butcher block cutting board for only $1!  I’ve been wanting one for so long and almost bought a smaller and cheaper one at WM for more $$.  This one is super heavy and in great condition.

 

One of my favorite finds is this 2-tier rolling metal filing cart.  Another item that had been on my wish list forever.  I’ve shopped around at the bigger office supply stores, but the carts were so flimsy and expensive (about $50-$70, if not more).  This one is stainless steel, very stable and in excellent condition … and it was only $5.00!  Found the exact same one online for $25, but mine is better cuz it was only $5 … happy dance!

DSC04495

Then at a another yardie I found a brand new box of hanging folders for another $1.00 -- perfect for my new filing cart … woo hoo! As you can see, I’ve already started getting organized!

DSC04496

About 10:30 am, Viv and I were ready to call it a day, but decided to make one more stop … and I found this:

 

Isn’t it great!  The lady said she bought it at Home Depot but didn’t need/want it anymore.  The price was just right … FREE! 

At this same sale, I found this great vintage piece of luggage … I just love it!

 

The lady said she brought it back from England, which she said was a real ordeal … and was only asking $5 for it.  I was already taking the FREE wrought-iron chandelier so I eagerly gave her the 5 bucks … and happily danced my way to my car!  Somehow, Viv and I managed to squeeze everything into my little 2-door Civic Honda …

I bought a few clothing items, which I’ve already started listing.  We’ll see if I got some bargains … or if it’ll be a bust.  Also bought the usual assortment of books, cookbooks, puzzles and CDs.  Overall, Saturday was a great day for garage/yard sales!

For more great finds, check out Apron Thrift Girl’s blog for Thrift Share Monday.  Also linking up to Thrifty Thursday @ Bloggervitaville and Junkin’ Finds Friday @ A La Carte.  Be sure to check them out for more great thrifty treasures!

And don’t forget to come back for an update on my Rags to Riches Challenge.  Not every week can be a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I LOVE IT! I'm in Northeast PA so garage sale season hasn't quite started yet, but I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete