I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Rags to Riches Challenge Week #9

Every week seems to be better than the one before!  And it definitely helps to list more.  I had 150 auctions listed, which ended with 63 sales!  Eleven of those were non-clothing items but clothing has been selling like … well, hot cakes.  Here are the best sellers:

2784

APT 9 Women's Lined Full Skirt Spring Floral Print Sz 6 ~ sold $10.25

3044

TOMMY HILFIGER Womens Denim Jeans Cropped Jacket Size L ~ sold $14.50

3042

TOMMY BAHAMA Men's Silk Hawaiian Resort Shirt Size XL ~ sold $15.50

3028B

MOTHERHOOD Green & White Spaghetti Strap Dress Size S ~ sold $16.50

3018

ST JOHN COUTURE Misses Sheer Print SS Blouse Size 4 ~ sold $20.49

3029

MOTHERHOOD Maternity Black Linen Sleeveless Dress Size M ~ sold $21.00

3015

EILEEN FISHER Misses Lilac 2-Pc Blouse Outfit Sz PS EUC ~ sold $21.75

3031

MOTHERHOOD Maternity Green & Black SS Spring Dress Sz S ~ sold $25.89

3021

Black LULULEMON ATHLETICA Zip-Front Jacket Sz M 8-10 ~ Sold $29.00

… and my top sellers of the week:

3038 3039 (2)

ST JOHN COLLECTION Womens Black Knit Skirt Sz 4 ~ Sold $36.00 and $50.50

The St. John items were great finds and are always top sellers, but the surprise is the Motherhood brand.  I took a chance and bought five maternity dresses.  Four of them have sold at over $10.  Dresses and skirts continue to be popular sellers. 

The local SA thrift store continues to have Rag Day Mondays so my cost for dresses, skirts, blouses and shirts is $2; and women’s slacks are 2-for-$1 … just 50 cents each!  This really helps with my profit margin and why this works for me.  I also include a $2 handling fee with the shipping cost.  This helps cover fees and other expenses and is included in my weekly profits. 

Here’s how we did this week:

Auction Sales: $752.04 Total: $2983.54
Cost of Goods: $94.00 Total: $590.35
eBay & PP Fees: $147.46 Total: $574.53
Total Net Profits: $1818.66  

Today was 50%-off entire store at the SA.  Cost of goods is a little higher so didn’t buy much.  I did find out that the other thrift store had their $1-day yesterday … all clothing was $1 … boo hoo, I missed it!!  They said they have no advance notice so it’s hit or miss.  Hmmm?  Something to look into …

Yard sales tomorrow with my BFF Viv … looking forward to finding some great treasures!

Online sales, including eBay store, totaled $801.25!  Now THAT’S cash for trash!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your profits are amazing. I do not list near as much, but we do not have rag days and dollar days....but I have been happy so far. I see Apt 9 things all of the time, do you find that they sell well consistently? Love your blog...such good inspiration.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did really great and the clothes are beautiful.
    Does anyone ever complain about $2 handling charge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your visit and comments! Michael: No one has ever complained. Then again I've been selling clothes for only 2 months. Items are shipped priority mail so I think folks are happy for the quick delivery and great bargains on clothes. With the price of gas these days, they're probably happy to pay the s/h to have it delivered to their door.

    DFW Girl: I haven't been doing this long enough to say whether Apt 9 is a consistent good seller. I've got a few Apt 9 items to list so we'll see how they do.

    ReplyDelete