I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rags to Riches Challenge Week #10

It just seems the days aren’t long enough.  Between catching up on my listings and more car trouble, I just didn’t get a chance to post an update last week. 

Well, the previous Week #9 was an awesome week, but Week #10 was not so great.  I didn’t get a chance to post as many new listings for clothing and that made a huge difference.  I had 108 auctions, but half were non-clothing items that had been in my store for awhile.  Only 8 of these ended in sales for a whopping total of $31 … disappointing to say the least.

I did have a few clothing sales, but not any real major sales.  Here are my two top sellers:

964 (2)

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG Women's Silk Navy Blue Blouse 3X ~ Sold $15.65

I paid $1.00 for it at a small church thrift store.  Twice a month they have $12-a-bag sale, and you can really fit a lot of stuff in a bag.

1152

NEW JACLYN SMITH Black Leather Lambskin Skirt Size 22W ~ Sold $21.00

Although this skirt is a Jaclyn Smith K-mart brand, it was really very nice.  The picture is not great, but this skirt was brand new with its original tags, priced at $59.99.  Someone got a very sweet deal!

And, just for show-and-tell, here’s a mug I sold at auction:

1665

OTAGIRI SLEEPING KITTY CAT & YARN MUG JONAH'S WORKSHOP ~ Sold for $12.99

Last week, I wasn’t able to make it to Rag Day so I missed out on any great buys.  Luckily, I still had enough inventory to list for this week.  I haven’t found any more Tommy Bahama shirts or St. John knit skirts … but I keep hoping and looking!

The previous weekend was a great day for yard sales and I found some great stuff, which I posted about here.  I’ve got a few items currently listed, and I still have some clothing items to list for next week.  Maybe it’ll help bring those numbers up.  Here’s how we did for Week #10:

Auction Sales: $201.76 Total: $3185.30
Cost of Goods: $41.00 Total: $631.35
eBay & PP Fees: $56.38 Total: $630.91
Total Net Profits: $1923.04  

Online sales, including eBay store, totaled $239.44!  Not every week can be great but THAT’S still cash for trash!

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember exactly how I found your blog but I am so glad I did! I love reading your posts and you've inspired me to start selling on ebay too! Granted, I'm only selling a lot of my own collections, but maybe in the future I'll start checking out Goodwill as well.
    I'm curious how you are able to manage such a large store on ebay! I'm having a difficult time keeping a few boxes of what I have listed in order let alone all the shipping supplies needed too! Would love some 'behind the scenes' posts/pics of how you are able to keep up with everything!

    ReplyDelete