I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rag to Riches Challenge Week #11

Another mediocre week but better than Week #10.  It certainly does pay to list more.  I listed 76 auctions, with 60 of those for clothing.  28 of these ended in sales.  Here are my top sales:

1683

HOT COTTON Women's Coral White Print Crop Pants Sz 2X ~ sold $9.00

2347

VICTORIA'S SECRET Women's Navy Blue Sheer Negligee Sz M ~ sold $9.00

2314

TALBOTS Women's Beige Casual Stretch Slacks Pants Sz 14 ~ sold $9.38

1731

J JILL Women's Black Rayon Travel Skirt Plus Size 4X ~ sold $11.05

944

ANN TAYLOR LOFT Women's Long Sleeve Wrap Dress Sz 8 ~ sold $12.50

1048

AVENUE Women's Purple Stirrup Casual Pants 22/24 Avg NEW ~ sold $12.50

No real big sellers, but I only paid $0.50 for the pants and $1-$2 for the dresses & skirt.  I may not be selling high-ticket items, but I make my money in quantity.  That’s why it’s important to list as much as I can.  Ideally, I’d like to list 100 items per week.  The weeks when I do  list the most are usually my best weeks.  You could argue that it takes just as much time to list an item that sells for $50+ as it does to list one for $9.99.  Well, I can’t always find that product and so far reselling clothes has been making a nice profit for me. 

Here’s how we did this week:

Auction Sales: $261.16 Total: $3448.46
Cost of Goods: $78.10 Total: $709.45
eBay & PP Fees: $57.19 Total: $688.10
Total Net Profits: $2050.91  

Well, I finally reached and passed $2,000!  And although I haven’t been able to save the money for home improvements, I am glad the money was there when I needed to pay the dentist, the auto mechanic, and to make that extra car payment.

Online sales, including eBay store and Bonanza, totaled $429.19.  Now that’s CASH FOR TRASH!  Come back tomorrow and Friday for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment