I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thrifty Sharing

DSC03800

This past Friday was 50%-off at the local SA, and I found this great vintage Oster Pasta Accessory kit.  The outside of the box was worn but everything inside was in pristine condition.  I paid a whopping $2.75.  I listed it on Sunday in my eBay store and it’s already sold for for $25.

And here’s a blast from the past:  string art!  These kits are from the 1970s and are hard to find.  These three are brand new, still sealed, and are up for auction this week.

I also found these great vintage books for only $0.25!  A B.B. King songbook, a 1961 Billboard songbook, a 1980 Architectural Digest and The Sweater Workshop book by Jacqueline Fee.

But my best find this past weekend was at my local GW.  I found four Sandra Boynton mugs for only $0.99 each!

Had it not been for Late Night Coffee I would have surely passed these up.  I listed these on Sunday and two sold within 24 hours!  I have now added Boynton to my BOLO list, which continues to grow at a steady pace.

For more great finds, check out Apron Thrift Girl’s blog for Thrift Share Monday.  Also linking up to Thrifty Thursday @ Bloggervitaville and Junkin’ Finds Friday @ A La Carte.  Be sure to check them out for more great thrifty treasures!

And don’t forget to come back for an update on my Rags to Riches Challenge.  It was another great week!

6 comments:

  1. Sandra Boynton mugs? How cool is that?! I've never seen any Sandra Boynton stuff other than her books.
    Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really educational! I didn't even realize those mugs were sought after, but I have noticed before how cute the drawings were... I debated about one once and then left it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i found your blog through Junkin friday - so pleased I did, love your finds, and I remember the string art lol. Hope you dont mind another follower :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds ~lucky girl!

    I am having an antique auction on my blog. All sorts of lovely and romantic finds looking for a new home. I hope you'll stop by.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You really found some great stuff! I love the Boynton mugs and will now put them on my BOLO list!! Thanks for joining JFF!! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete