I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Starbucks Changes Logo for 2011

DSC03788

Oh, I do LOVE my coffee!  Although I’m not a Starbucks Coffee fanatic, I have had my share of their java.  And there are many folks who do love Starbucks, which has kept the company afloat for the past 40 years.  Folks are not just buying Starbucks coffee but are also buying their other products, such as their mugs. 

1289

I’ve had a few great flips reselling Starbucks mugs, so when I do find them while thrifting or saling I will usually grab them.  Some items are more collectible than others, and of course, are better sellers.  One of the things that makes one mug more collectible than another is the logo.  Well, I just found out that Starbucks is changing their logo for 2011 to celebrate their 40th Anniversary.

960b83c436e34f5ea4a1e5c7e6d5191e

The original Starbucks logo was brown.  Sixteen years later in 1987, they changed the logo to green with an updated mermaid.  This logo was used for only 5 years and would be highly collectible.  In 1992, to celebrate going public, the logo was revised to the very familiar current one.  And, now, it is being discontinued for 2011.  The new logo will not have the wording and the mermaid will be more prominent. 

5a106e41fe954581999566a4293ced89

The 1992 logo has been around for 19 years so there are tons of Starbucks products with this logo.  Only time will tell if their limited supply will warrant a higher demand, thus making them more collectible and valuable. 

On the other hand, the new logo may become a thing of the past if the powers that-be respond to all the backlash and decide to nix it. 

Still, I would recommend putting this on the BOLO list and not passing one up if you see it while thrifting or saling.

For more info on the new logo, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment