I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rags to Riches Challenge ~ Week #7

It was another great week … the best so far!  The weather must be warming up because dresses and swimsuits have been selling.  I listed 52 new items at auction and relisted 18, for a total of 70 auctions this week.  Lots of work, but it’s for sure: more listings equal more sales.  Here are some of my top sellers:

2945

FRESH PRODUCE Women's Cotton T-Shirt Shift Dress Size L ~ sold $10.51

2949B

JAMS WORLD Art Print Spaghetti Straps Dress Women's Sz L ~ sold $11.61

2620

BEACH CABANA WOMEN’S BLUE GREEN SWIMSUIT SIZE L ~ sold $13.00

2874 (2)

Chico's Travelers Brown Flare Hem Long Skirt Sz 2 Large ~ sold $16.00

2987

TOMMY BAHAMA Men's Silk Blue Casual Resort Shirt Sz M ~ sold $16.51

Even though this Tommy Bahama shirt had a missing button, the shirt came with 2 extra buttons, so I was thrilled when it sold for $16.51.  Unfortunately, when I was shipping it, I discovered a few small white spots on the back.  I offered the buyer a full refund; but he was still interested in the shirt.  In the end, he paid $2.00 (my cost) plus shipping for the shirt.  He received the shirt, was happy with it, and still left me positive feedback! 

612

ANN TAYLOR LOFT Women's Black Sleeveless Dress Size 10 ~ sold $21.75

2979

ST JOHN COLLECTION Blue Black Tweed Boucle Skirt 4 ~ sold $30.99

2978

ST JOHN COLLECTION Black & Cream Knit Skirt 4 ~ sold $46.00

… and my top seller of the week:

2986

TOMMY BAHAMA Men's Silk Black Casual Resort Shirt XXL ~ sold $53.99

I totally scored when I found the St. John skirts and the one Tommy Bahama shirt at the thrift store!  Of course, I can always count on Ann Taylor, Fresh Produce, Chico’s and Jams World for a good sale.

So, here’s my wild card of the week:

2958B

NEW FUBU Men's Black & Red Athletic Shoes Sz 13 M ~ sold $20.00

Someone gave these shoes to DH, but they’re not our style so neither one of my boys would wear them.  I finally decided to sell them on eBay.  Originally priced at $35.00 then reduced to $19.99, I listed them at $9.99, certain they would not sell on the first round.  Was I wrong!  They received a bid within 24 hours, and ended up selling for $20.  Because they were free, that was 100% profit … ka-ching!

And, guess what?  I found more St. John skirts and Tommy Bahama shirts this week at the thrift store.  Not only that, but the 2-for-$1 special on women’s slacks was back this week … yahoo!  And since dresses and skirts have been selling well, I stocked up on those as well.  Will be listing them all this weekend …

Here’s how we did for Week #7:

Auction Sales:

$486.23

Total: $1725.28

Cost of Goods:

$119.49

Total: $449.35

eBay & PP Fees:

$88.52

Total: $316.77

Total Net Profits:

$959.16

 

Next week is looking to be another good week.  I’m trying something different by listing a lot of my store inventory (non-clothing) as auctions.  We’ll see how that works and where we go from there …

Store sales picked up a little this week, so my total online sales, including eBay store, were $612.29!  Now THAT’S cash for trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment