I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Rags to Riches Challenge ~ Week #6

Week #6 ended this past Sunday 3/6; and even with jury duty, I was still able to list 40 items for auction and relist 21 items.  Week #6 ended with 21 sales.  Here are my top sales:

2923B

ANN TAYLOR Brown Pinstripe Slacks Pants Size 18 ~ sold $13.05

2909

J JILL Women’s Linen Brown Slacks Pants Size 12 ~ sold $11.50

2934

J JILL Linen White Crop Capris Pants Sz Small ~ sold $15.55

And my top seller of the week …

2918

UNION BAY Women’s Cotton Denim Jeans Overalls Sz XL ~ Sold $31.00

All these items were purchased for $0.50 on “Rag Day” at my local SA!  This past Monday I made my weekly trek and discovered that the 2-for-$1 special on women’s pants had ended.  Still, $1.00 apiece is not bad and dresses were still $2.00.  I’ve been listing like mad so hopefully my numbers will look better for next week.  Here’s how we did this past week:

Auction Sales Wk 6:

$250.17

Total: $1239.05

Cost of Goods Wk 6:

$25.47

Total: $329.86

eBay & PP Fees Wk 6:

$47.12

Total: $228.25

Total Net Profits:

$680.94

 

So even though this was my best week for clothing sales, my store sales were almost non-existent, having sold less than $70 … boo, hoo!  Still, I’ve made almost $700 and have recouped the money I’ve spent on inventory.  But as they say “easy come, easy go”. 

I’ve been struggling with a nasty toothache for the past couple of weeks.  The pain finally got so bad that I had no choice but to see the dentist.  Even with dental insurance, those visits set me back almost $400.  So adding the auto repair bill to this, I am just about breaking even.  But I am grateful that I had my eBay profits available for these unexpected expenses.

This means, however, that I haven’t made much progress in meeting my Rags to Riches challenge, but I’ll keep at it …  and see what I can do between now and July 1.  I still love getting cash for trash!

2 comments:

  1. great profits made on those items! You have a keen eye for the good stuff! scareltt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dentist stuff makes me crazy. I, too, have dental insurance, but the visits are always so expensive and then they have the nerve to lecture you on waiting so long to come in...ugh! I always let them know how I feel.

    You are good at the picking part of this experiment!

    ReplyDelete