I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Rags to Riches Challenge ~ Week #5

Week #5 of my challenge ended on Sunday 2/27, and it’s hard to believe that it’s been a month since I started my challenge.  It was another busy week and I was able to list 31 new items and relisted 11 more items.  Of these, 15 items sold.

Here are my best sellers:

1242

DENIM & CO Women's Sz 18W Aqua Crop Capris Pants ~ Sold $10.50

2897

JAMS WORLD Men's Hawaiian Resort Casual Shirt Sz XL ~ Sold $12.60

2896

HILO HATTIE Hawaiian Sleeveless Long Dress Sz 2X ~ SOLD $16.48

2894

JAMS WORLD Casual Resort SS Long Dress Sz Med ~ sold $20.50

2893

FRESH PRODUCE Cotton T-Shirt Shift Dress Sz XL ~ Sold $21.57!  Who would have thought?!

… and my top seller of the week:

861

TOMMY BAHAMA Jewel of the Isle Silk Camp Shirt Sz L BRAND NEW ~ Sold $45.00

I paid only $0.50 for the aqua capris and have also sold a few of the other slacks I bought at the SA for $0.50.  Not as many as I would like, but am still thrilled that my $43.00 purchase has netted over $265.00 in sales … and counting!

I am also surprised that the spring and summer dresses are selling so well.  Tommy Bahama and Jams World are always a sure thing, but the Fresh Produce t-shirt shift was a surprise.  Thanks to My Dear Trash for the tip!

So here’s the update:

Auction Sales Wk #5: $244.81 Total: $988.88
Cost of Goods Wk #5: $42.00 Total: $304.39
EBay & PP Fees Wk #5: $30.17 Total: $167.95
Total Net Profits: $516.54  

It was a slow week for store sales as I sold less than $200 for the week.  But total online sales, including eBay store, were $391.82!  Now THAT’S cash for trash!

It has finally stopped raining and the weather has been very nice, so it’s time to hit the yard-garage sales!  I hope I find lots of treasures tomorrow cuz it’s time to crank things up a bit!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. wow thats really good going!! Well done you :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete