I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Rags to Riches Challenge ~ Week #4

Week #4 of my Rags To Riches Challenge, which I posted about last week, has come and gone.  I worked hard to list 34 new items for auction.  I also relisted 16 items that didn’t sell the previous week.  Of these, 19 items sold … woo, hoo!  Here are my top sellers:

2533B

COLUMBIA Black Waterproof Ski Pants Size Sm ~ $27.00

2861

TOMMY BAHAMA Women's Size 8 Sleeveless Silk Shift Dress ~ $20.50

2865

COOGI MISSEs Green 2-PIECE Tank Sweater Skirt Outfit XS ~ $14.99

2865E

This COOGI outfit was a “wild card”.  I’d never heard of COOGI until I read a recent post by the Queen of Auctions.  COOGI sweaters can go for a lot of money so I was hoping this outfit would get multiple bids; but am still happy it sold for 3X what I paid.

So here’s how we did this week:

Auction Sales Week #4: $242.15 Total: $744.07
Costs Week #4: $76.30 Total: $262.39
Fees (eBay & Paypal): OUCH!! Total: $137.78
Total Net Profits: $343.90  

Those fees take a BIG bite and sure do hurt!  At this rate, I’ll never reach my goal of $4,000 by July 1 so I’m looking to sell on Craigslist.  I’ve never sold or bought on CL and I’m a bit intimidated, but not enough to forgo trying it.  I have a few items that I’ll be listing next week.  Let’s see how that goes … wish me luck!


I know last week I said I’d be posting about a couple of tools I use to list and ship my items.  Thought I’d get it done this week, but I had 3 days of jury duty.  I’m glad to do my civic duty but it sure messed with my schedule.  I’m just glad I was not selected to serve on a trial.  So I should be able to get these posts done very soon.  Please stay tuned!

Total online sales for this week, including eBay store, were $465.56!  Now THAT’S cash for trash!

5 comments:

  1. You're working hard and finding things to sell, but 18.5% in fees really cuts into the profits. It sure would be great if you could figure out what sells on Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EBAY FEES ARE BRUTAL. I started listing recently and my things sold well. I think I'll stick to only listing on Ebay when there is no insertion fee. Today is the last day of no insertion fees so, I gotta get back to listing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tip about Coogi. I recently found a Coogi jacket at Goodwill and sold it for $51 on eBay!

    Your blog is great and I especially love the Rags to Riches Challenge.

    Keep up the great work!

    Aloha,
    Meinard
    www.thriftstorereseller.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post is lovely !! I like that green two piece tank sweater !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again an amazing post ... you keep your readers updated and that's why there are so many who loves to visit your page including me ... so please keep sharing your wonderful thoughts and ideas. thumbs up for this post too!

    ReplyDelete