I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thrifty Christmas Treasures

I don’t have a whole lot to share, as I haven’t been out thrifting or saling this week.  However, I would like to share a few thrifty Christmas items I’ve purchased over the past few months.

DSC03035

I purchased the four Hallmark ornaments pictured above at the GW several months ago.  These are all brand new and are perfect for my Gkids.  I think they were each $1.99.

These two owl ornaments are vintage and were $1.99 each – perfect for my owl collection! 

DSC03052

And these two were bought at garage sales for about $1.00 each.  I have a small collection of mini sewing ornaments, and these are perfect.  Thrift stores and garage sales are excellent sources for buying Hallmark ornaments!  I snatch them up when I see them ...

DSC03053

How many of us have been fixtures at the Dollar Tree lately?  Count me as one!  I made several trips over the past few weeks.  During one trip, I was already at the cashier when I overheard her telling another customer that they’d just found a big box of cards and had just brought them out.  They were all Disney and selling for $0.50 a box!  I think each box contains 10 cards so I grabbed one of each design … $3.00 total.  Score!

DSC03048

And last but not least … I’ve been admiring the mirror trees that some folks have used for their holiday décor … they are so pretty and elegant!  Well, most of my holiday decorations fit well with the traditional red & green colors; and as much as I love the elegant look of the white and silver, there is no way I can afford to change my décor – although I think I read one blogger bought her mirror trees at the $ Tree.  Good score! 

DSC03049

Anyway, last week I saw these mini mirror trees at Michael’s on clearance for $1.99 each.  They are actually photo holders and I grabbed the last three.  They’re only about 3 inches high, but I love them! 


Once again, am linking up to the following.  Hope you take a few minutes to visit … more great stuff to see!

Thrifty Thursday @ Bloggervitaville

Junkin’ Finds Friday @ A La Carte

5 comments:

  1. You have found some awesome deals on those ornaments. I too love to look for Hallmark ornies at thrifts and yard sales. I love the vintage one's the best. I have lots of Hallmark ornaments on my trees. Your mirror trees are so cute and can be used lots of way...great buy! Thanks for joining JFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I love the cute Disney Christmas cards and the silver trees.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your ornaments are cute! And yes that was a score on the cards. Don't you just love the $ Tree!!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the photo trees as decor! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did well. I love to shop the thrift stores. I started way back when I was first married and didn't have much money. I still love it today 35+ years.

    ReplyDelete