I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Friday, November 12, 2010

It’s Thrifty Thursday Time!

DSC02507

It’s been awhile since I’ve joined Leigh’s Thrifty Thursday party, but I really enjoy reading everyone’s post about the great thrifty treasures!

I managed to get to an estate sale Thursday; but didn’t get there until 11:00 a.m. and almost everything was gone!  The house was literally EMPTY … except for a few leftovers: some half-empty bookshelves and few picked-over boxes in the patio.  Still, I resisted the temptation to just walk out and decided to go through the house anyway.

I spent a few minutes going through the boxes in the patio which didn’t have much except some outdated books and some old beat up Christmas decorations.  The books were overpriced at $2.00-$4.00; the books in the shelves were priced at $10.00.  No wonder they were still there.  I still managed to find a couple of books … I just couldn’t leave without buying SOMETHING.

As I walked to the cashier (the sale was being run by a professional), I decided to take a look in the garage … not that there was much to look at.  As I was about ready to leave, I spotted this old Smith Corona electric typewriter buried underneath some other junk in an old box.  I plugged it in and was thrilled that it worked!

I have a thing for old sewing machines and typewriters.  I guess it’s cuz I learned to sew and type on these old relics.  LIke me, they are oldies but goodies!  I paid $3 for it and I was happy to bring her home.

P.S.  I always promise myself that I’ll get up early and get to the estate sale when it starts!  Lesson learned!

So head on over to Leigh’s Tales of Bloggeritaville for more thrifty treasures!

thriftthursday

Until next time … happy thrifting and Goodwill haunting!

3 comments:

  1. The estate sale may have been almost over but you still managed to find a great treasure. Love the typewriter!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita-
    Thanks for the comment:) Love the typewriter!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very cute typewriter. Major score!

    ReplyDelete