I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Best Things I’ve Sold on eBay ~ #9 Vintage Regal China Quaker Oats Cookie Jar

529

Starting Bid: $12.99 Winning Bid: $12.99
Paid: $3.99 From:  Goodwill
Ended: 06/15/08 Winner: Idaho

I could kick myself for selling this cookie jar (I think I’ve said that before)!  I wish I still had this one as I have not been able to find another one for the past couple of years.  I paid only $3.99 for this great item, and some lucky bidder in Idaho now has a nice addition to their collection for a great price.  Estimated value of this cookie jar is now between $40.-$60. and up to $90.  This is the one that got away!

History:   In the late seventies a new promotion for Quaker Oats appeared. "It's the Quaker Man's Happy Birthday Cookie Jar".  The ad reads in part, "It was 100 years ago that our old fashioned man became the trademark of the Quaker Oats Company. . . . An authentic replica of the Old Fashioned Quaker Oats package recreated in high quality dishwasher-safe porcelain by Regal China".

  • Mail-in Premium
  • Available in 1977
  • Height: 9-3/4"
  • Issue price: $6.95
  • Price Estimates: From $40.-$60. up to $90.

I have a small collection of cookie jars that I’ve purchased during the past few years from thrift stores.  I used to be able to pick them up for about $3-$4.  Recently, the prices have gone up and they are now selling for about $6-$8 … still a good deal for a nice cookie jar.  I think I’ll be keeping any cookie jar treasures I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment