I'm a diehard thrifter and garage sale addict! I love the thrill of the hunt! And I love making CASH from trash so I also resell on eBay and Etsy. I share my successes to inspire you ... and my failures so you learn from my mistakes. Please join me on this wild and crazy ride of making cash from trash!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Best Things I’ve Sold on eBay ~ #7 Jam’s World Hawaiian Shirts

491

Item #7: Jam’s World Hawaiian Shirt American Indian Sz XXL

Starting Bid: $9.99 Winning Bid: $76.05
Paid: $2.49 From:  Goodwill
Ended: 06/08/08 Winner: Texas

My DD is a chip off the old block and loves going thrifting and saling with me.  She is definitely more savvy about name brands and clothing; so she would go through the clothing racks at the thrift stores and pick a few items that she thought would sell.  I have to admit that she was fairly good at this, and I had modest success selling clothes. 

After she moved away (sadly for me), I continued selling men’s shirts, mostly large sizes, but eventually limited my sales to Hawaiian and resort shirts.  Again, I researched and learned as much as I could about name brands and which ones are more collectible.

492

Jam’s World Hawaiian Shirt Flower Friends Sz L

Paid: $2.49 From: Goodwill
Sold for: $14.99 Ended: 06/10/08
Winner: Oregon  

Jam’s World shirts are highly collectible, and I was excited to find these two at the thrift store.  I paid $2.49 for each shirt, knowing these would sell well.  I listed them at auction with a starting bid of $9.99.  I could not believe it when the first shirt sold for more than $76.00!  What a score!

The second shirt did not sell at auction, but that was okay because I promptly relisted it in my eBay store with a fixed price of $14.99.  It sold within 2 days.  I probably should have relisted it at a higher price, but I’m still happy that my $4.98 investment sold for over $91.00!  Not too bad for used clothing!

HistoryFounded in 1964 by Dave Rochelan, Jam’s World is now a division of Surf Line.  Each Jams World® item is a limited production piece of wearable art and is like wearing a painting.  Jams World® fashions are released in four lines a year, and production is limited.  Sometime after 1995, Jams World® introduced print pattern names.  All this makes each Jams World® item essentially a collectable piece of art in addition to being a beautiful piece of clothing. Extremely popular, some collections contain 300-700 shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment